- Total Time:
- 10 min
- 10 min
- 4 servings
- 1 pound jumbo or regular lump crabmeat
- 2 lemons, zest grated and juiced, plus juice for coating glass rims
- About 1 tablespoon mayonnaise (just enough to hold it together)
- About 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 12 asparagus stems, bottom halves chopped, tops left whole
- Seasoned salt
- 4 Swiss chard leaves, to serve
- 4 whole olives, for garnish
- 4 lemon slices, for garnish
- Water crackers or toast points, to serve
Just before serving, gently combine the crabmeat with the zest, juice, mayonnaise, mustard, and chopped asparagus stems; add seasoned salt, to taste.
To serve: spread some seasoned salt onto a plate, rim the martini glasses with lemon juice, and dip them into the salt. Line each glass with a chard leaf and fill with the crab mixture. Garnish each martini with 3 asparagus spears, an olive, and a lemon slice. Serve with water crackers or toast points.
Cooks note: Don't put this together until the last minute.
Recipe courtesy Paula Deen
Recipe courtesy of Emeril Lagasse