- Total Time:
- 20 min
- 10 min
- 10 min
- 8 servings
- 8 ounces good white crabmeat, picked free of all shells
- 1 (5-ounce) jar Cheddar-horseradish spread (recommended: Kraft Old English)
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup butter (1 stick), softened
- Dash hot sauce or cayenne pepper
- 8 large toasted bread rounds
- Chopped parsley leaves, for garnish
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
In a large bowl, combine crab, cheese spread, mayonnaise, garlic powder, butter and hot sauce. Divide mixture evenly over bread rounds and spread. Score each round into quarters and place on a greased baking sheet. Bake until topping is heated through and golden brown on top, about 10 to 15 minutes.
Sprinkle with parsley. Serve hot. These freeze and store well for drop-in company.
Recipe courtesy Paula Deen