Cranberry-Pineapple Gelatin Salad
- 2 (3-ounce) packages raspberry gelatin
- 1/2 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1 (8-ounce) can crushed pineapple packet in its own juice
- 1 (15-ounce) can whole cranberry sauce
- 1/4 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons whipped cream
- 1/4 cup walnuts
Spray a 4-cup gelatin mold or a 9-inch square pan with vegetable oil cooking spray. In a medium glass mixing bowl, combine the raspberry gelatin and unflavored gelatin. Add 1 cup boiling water and stir with a metal spoon continuously for 2 minutes, until the gelatin is completely dissolved. Stir in 1/2 cup cold water. Add the pineapple and juice, cranberry sauce, and walnuts. Stir with a metal spoon until all ingredients are completely incorporated. Pour the mixture into the prepared mold, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until firm.
About 1 hour before serving, invert the mold onto a serving platter and allow to sit at room temperature; the salad will release itself and come clean from the mold.