- 24 bite-size new potatoes, scrubbed, with a tiny sliver cut off each potato so they will stand after filling
- 1 (5-ounce) package soft garlic herb cheese (recommended: Boursin)
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter, softened
- 1/3 cup whipping cream
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Finely chopped fresh parsley leaves
- Red caviar, for garnish, optional
In a large pot with plenty of salted water, boil the potatoes until they are tender when a fork is inserted, about 10 to 12 minutes. Drain and let the potatoes cool until you can handle them.
With a melon baller, remove a scoop from each potato. Combine the cheese, butter, and cream. Taste, and add salt and pepper, as needed. Spoon or pipe the cheese mixture into the potatoes.
Garnish with a fine sprinkling of parsley. *Cook's Note: Add a tiny dollop of red caviar to carry out your egg theme, if you wish!
Stand potatoes on cut end on a platter to serve.