- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 stick butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups half-and-half
- 1 teaspoon ketchup
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 cups homemade or store-bought bread crumbs
- 1 pound fresh crabmeat
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Add 1 tablespoon oil into large saucepan. Saute the onion and green pepper until tender.
Over low heat in a medium saucepan, add butter and flour. Stir together. Slowly add half and half while whisking, about 2 minutes. Add ketchup, mustard and bread crumbs. Mix to combine. Allow to simmer for a few minutes. Add crabmeat and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.