Creamy Artichoke and Spinach Dip
- 8 cups fresh spinach
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 lemon, zest finely grated
- 2 (14-ounce) cans artichoke hearts, drained and coarsely chopped
- 6 ounces (about 1 1/2 cups) Parmesan, freshly grated, divided
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon bottled cayenne pepper sauce
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Serving suggestion: Pita Chips, for dipping
Blanch spinach. Squeeze excess water.
In a medium bowl, mix together spinach, garlic and lemon zest. Add artichoke hearts, 1-cup Parmesan, sour cream, mayonnaise and cayenne pepper sauce. Mix. Place into prepared casserole dish. Bake for 30 minutes. The last 5 minutes add the remaining 1/2 cup of Parmesan to the top. Serve hot or cold along with pita chips.