Creamy Shrimp Bisque
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 green onion with tops, chopped
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 glove garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups half and half
- 3 1/2 cups fish stock
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 8 ounces cooked shrimp or lobster meat, chopped
- Homemade croutons, recipe follows
- Homemade Croutons:
- 3 slices white bread
Stir in fish stock and parsley. Cook for 10 minutes until it thickens. Add shrimp meat and let simmer for 10 minutes or until heated through. Stir occasionally. Add salt, to taste.
When ready, serve with croutons.Homemade Croutons:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Cut bread with a heart shaped cookie cutter. Place onto a cookie sheet and bake until toasted.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.