- 4 large Idaho potatoes
- Peanut oil, for frying
- Creole pepper seasoning (recommended: Paula Deen's)
- Maple Mustard Sauce, recipe follows
Preheat oil to 375 degrees F.
Using a large pot, boil potatoes with skins on until almost done. Allow to cool, and cut potatoes into long strips, approximately 1/4 to 1/2-inch wide and thick. In a large pot or fryer, par-fry the potatoes for 5 to 6 minutes. Potatoes should be limp. Remove potatoes and place onto paper towels and allow to drain.
Place potatoes in oil for 3 to 5 minutes, or until brown. Remove fries from oil, drain on paper towel, and while still hot, season with Creole pepper seasoning and serve with Maple Mustard Dipping Sauce.
Maple Mustard Sauce:
- 1/4 cup prepared yellow mustard
- 1/2 cup prepared stone ground mustard
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/4 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
Whisk all ingredients together and serve.
Yields: 1 cup