Dora's Baked Spaghetti
- 2 cups canned diced tomatoes
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup diced onions
- 1/2 cup diced green bell peppers
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 1/2 teaspoons The Lady's House Seasoning, recipe follows
- 1 1/2 teaspoons seasoned salt (recommended: The Lady's Seasoned Salt)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 3 small bay leaves
- 1/2 pound ground chicken
- 1/2 pound ground pork
- 1/2 pound ground turkey
- 1 pound spaghetti
- 1 cup grated Cheddar, divided
- 1 cup grated Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- House Seasoning:
- 1 cup salt
- 1/4 cup black pepper
- 1/4 cup garlic powder
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
In a stockpot, combine the tomatoes, tomato sauce, water, onions, peppers, garlic, parsley, seasoning mixtures, sugar, and bay leaves. Bring to a boil, and then reduce the heat and simmer, covered, for 1 hour.
Crumble the ground meats in a saucepan. Cook until no pink remains, and then drain off the fat. Add the ground meats to the stockpot. Simmer for another 20 minutes. While the sauce simmers, cook the pasta according to the package directions.
Cover the bottom of a 13 by 9 by 2-inch pan with about one-third of the sauce. Add a layer of half the pasta, and then half the cheeses. Repeat the layer, ending with sauce. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes. Top with the remaining cheese. Return to the oven and cook until the cheese is melted and bubbly. Cut into squares before serving.House Seasoning:
Mix the ingredients together and store in an airtight container for up to 6 months.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.