Fettuccine Chicken Salad
- 4 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 teaspoons House Seasoning, recipe follows
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 (9-ounce) packages fresh fettucine
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions, green part only, plus extra for garnish
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- Tomato wedges, for garnish
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Slice the chicken breasts lengthwise into 1-inch wide strips. Place chicken on a baking sheet, sprinkle it with 1 teaspoon of House Seasoning and all of the thyme, and then drizzle it with olive oil. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until cooked through but still juicy; do not overcook. While the chicken is cooking, cook the pasta according to package directions. Drain the pasta, rinse it in cold water, and drain it again. Pat the excess moisture off the pasta with a paper towel if necessary, and put the pasta in a large bowl for tossing.
Remove the chicken from the baking sheet and set aside. Pour the juices from the baking sheet into a medium bowl. To the bowl, add the mayonnaise, green onions, parsley, basil, the remaining teaspoon of House Seasoning, and the seasoning salt, and stir until well blended. Pour the dressing over the pasta and toss gently. Place the chicken strips on top of the pasta. Garnish with tomato wedges and additional sliced green onions. This dish can be made 1 day before serving.House Seasoning:
1 cup salt
1/4 cup black pepper
1/4 cup garlic powder
Mix ingredients together and store in an airtight container for up to 6 months.