Flank Steak Lettuce Wraps
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onion
- 5 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon bottled minced garlic
- 3 teaspoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 lime, zested and juiced
- One 2-pound flank steak
- Nonstick, nonflammable cooking spray
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, separated into leaves
- Toppings: matchstick carrots, bean sprouts, sliced waterchestnuts, sliced green onions, fresh cilantro leaves, steamed white rice
In a medium bowl, combine the green onions, soy sauce, brown sugar, garlic, rice wine vinegar, sesame oil, red pepper flakes and lime zest and juice and whisk together. Place the steak in a resealable plastic bag. Add half of the marinade. Seal the bag and chill in the fridge for at least 4 hours or up to 24 hours. Cover and chill the remaining marinade mixture.
Preheat the grill to medium-high heat (350 to 400 degrees F). Spray the grill rack with nonstick, nonflammable cooking spray.
Remove the steak from the marinade, discarding the marinade. Grill the steak until a thermometer registers 155 degrees F, or to desired degree of doneness, 8 to 10 minutes per side. Remove from the heat and let stand for 10 minutes before slicing across the grain.
Serve the steak in lettuce leaves with desired toppings and the remaining marinade.
Recipe courtesy Paula Deen
Recipe courtesy of Food Network Kitchen