Fresh Fruit Salad with Poppy Seed Dressing
- 2 pints strawberries, hulled and quartered
- 1 pint fresh blueberries
- 1 pineapple, peeled, cored and cut into 2-inch cubes
- 1/2 cantaloupe, cut into 2-inch cubes
- 1/2 honeydew, cut into 2-inch cubes
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Fresh mint leaves, for garnish, optional
In a large serving bowl, combine the fruit.
In a mason jar, mix together the vegetable oil, lemon juice, white wine vinegar, sugar, poppy seeds, Dijon mustard and salt. Put the lid on the jar and shake until mixed together. Store the dressing in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week. Before serving, let the dressing stand to room temperature; whisk until blended.
Drizzle desired amount of dressing over the fruit, and gently toss to coat. Garnish with fresh mint if desired. Serve immediately.
Recipe courtesy of Giada De Laurentiis