Fresh Green Bean and Tomato Salad
- 1/2 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen green peas
- 2 tomatoes, seeded and cut into quarters
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, cut into quarters
- 1 can water chestnuts, drained and sliced
- Several green onions, sliced
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- Dash lemon juice
- 1 large head romaine or red leaf lettuce, washed and dried thoroughly
Blanch beans in a large pot of boiling, salted water until tender, about 5 minutes. Remove to an ice water bath to stop the cooking. Drain beans and set aside. In the same pot of boiling water, blanch peas until slightly tender, about 30 seconds to 1 minute. Remove peas to the ice water bath; drain and set aside.
Place beans, peas, tomatoes, eggs, water chestnuts, and green onions in a large bowl and season with salt and pepper. Add mayonnaise and lemon juice and stir to combine. Serve over lettuce leaves.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.