Fresh Tangerine Cake
- Total Time:
- 45 min
- 20 min
- 25 min
- 8 servings
- Vegetable oil cooking spray
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 (8-ounce) container sour cream
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup tangerine juice
- 1 tablespoon tangerine zest
- Tangerine Icing, recipe follows
- Tangerine Icing:
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, room temperature
- 6 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons tangerine juice
- 1/2 tangerine, zested
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Spray 2 (9-inch) circular cake pans with vegetable oil cooking spray.
In a large bowl add the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Mix together with a spatula. Using a hand-held mixer, add the vegetable oil, sour cream, eggs, tangerine juice and zest. Mix until well combined.
Divide the batter evenly into the pans. Bake for 25 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool completely before icing. Ice the cakes, as desired, and serve.Tangerine Icing:
Mix together the butter, cream cheese and sugar together in a large bowl. Add the tangerine juice and zest and combine well.
Recipe courtesy Paula Deen