Fried Chicken Skewers
- Oil, for frying
- 1 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 8 chicken breast tenders, cut in half lengthwise
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
Special equipment: 4-inch wooden skewers
Preheat oil to 350 degrees F in a deep-fryer or large saucepan.
In a shallow dish, combine the breadcrumbs and panko. In another shallow dish, combine the flour and salt. In another shallow dish, add the eggs.
Dredge each chicken tender strip in the flour mixture, shaking off any excess. Dip in the eggs, letting any excess drip off. Dredge in the breadcrumb mixture, pressing gently to adhere. Thread each breaded chicken strip onto a skewer. Fry in batches until cooked through, 5 to 7 minutes.