Fried Oyster Spoons
- Tarragon Tartar Sauce:
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 3 shallots, chopped
- 1 tablespoon tarragon vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh tarragon, chopped
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 4 cups peanut oil, for frying
- 1 pint (approximately 50) shucked Bluffton or other fresh oysters
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose coating (recommended: Golden Dip All Purpose Breading Mix)
Mix all the ingredients for the tartar sauce in a bowl; set aside.
Heat 4 cups of oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat or preheat deep fryer at 350 degrees F. Cook's Note: Throw in a drop of water: when it sizzles, the oil is ready.
Pick through the oysters to remove any shells. Pour the coating mixture into a shallow bowl. Dredge the oyster in the coating. Fry oysters until they are golden brown; about 3 to 5 minutes. Drain on paper towels.
On each spoon, place a dollop of tartar sauce and top with an oyster. Serve.
A viewer, who may not be a professional cook, provided this recipe. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe and therefore, we cannot make representation as to the results.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.