- Peanut oil, for frying
- 1 1/4 cups Fry Mix, recipe follows
- 1 cup beer
- 1 (16-ounce) jar pickled okra, drained
- Creamy Chipotle Sauce, recipe follows
Heat the oil to 350 degrees F in a deep skillet or fryer.
Combine the Fry Mix with the beer. Add the okra, coating it in the batter. Fry the okra, about 4 pieces at a time, turning the pieces frequently, until golden brown, about 2 minutes. Transfer the okra to a paper towel-lined plate to drain. Serve immediately with the Creamy Chipotle Sauce.
- 3 cups self-rising flour
- 1/2 cup self-rising white cornmeal
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed black peppercorns
Whisk together the flour, cornmeal, salt, and pepper. Store in an airtight container in the pantry until needed.