Fried Venison Medallions with Feta Dipping Sauce
- Feta Sauce:
- 8 ounces feta, crumbled
- 12 ounces sour cream
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped dill leaves
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 (12-ounce) venison tenderloins
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup dry mustard powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons grey salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 1 tablespoons whole-grain mustard
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- For the sauce:
DirectionsFor the sauce:
In a small bowl fold together the feta, sour cream, garlic, and dill until combined. Serve on the side with the medallions.For the venison:
Slice the venison tenderloin into 1/3-inch slices.
In a shallow dish, mix together the flour, mustard powder, cayenne, salt and pepper. In a separate shallow dish, mix together the buttermilk and whole-grain mustard. Dredge the medallions in the buttermilk mixture for a minute. Then coat with the flour mixture.
In a cast iron skillet over medium-high heat, heat the oil. Fry the venison until golden brown on both sides. Place on a paper towel lined plate to drain. Serve with feta sauce.