Golda's Frozen Waldorf Salad
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/3 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 cup miniature marshmallows
- 1/2 cup red seedless grapes, cut in 1/2
- 1/2 cup crushed pineapple, drained
- 2 medium apples, diced, skins left on
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1/2 cup walnuts or pecans, roughly chopped
- 8 fresh or maraschino cherries
- 8 sprigs fresh mint leaves
In a saucepan, combine the sugar, pineapple juice, lemon juice, and salt over medium heat, stirring constantly, until thick. Remove from heat and let cool. Whip cream and fold it into the cooled syrup mixture. Stir in marshmallows, grapes, pineapple, apples, celery and nuts. Spread mixture into an 8 by 8-inch pan and freeze until frozen throughout, at least 2 hours. Remove the salad from the freezer 5 minutes before serving. Cut into 8 squares. Garnish each serving with a cherry and a sprig of fresh mint.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.