Grilled Boneless Sirloin and Vidalia Onion Skewers
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 8 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon House Seasoning, recipe follows
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 pounds beef sirloin, trimmed and cut into 2-inch cubes
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 6 to 8 bamboo skewers, soaked in water for 1 hour
- 4 large Vidalia onions, cut into 2-inch cubes
- House Seasoning:
- 1 cup salt
- 1/4 cup black pepper
- 1/4 cup garlic powder
In a shallow dish, whisk together the vinegar, garlic, Parmesan, lemon juice, paprika, sugar, House Seasoning, and oregano. Add the beef cubes and marinate, covered, for 1 hour.
Light the grill or preheat the broiler. In a bowl, add the melted butter and bouillon and stir until the bouillon is completely dissolved.
Skewer the beef and onion cubes separately. Brush the onions with the butter mixture. Put the skewers on the grill, or if broiling, transfer the skewers to a foil-lined baking sheet and broil. Turn once, until the onion is tender and the beef is cooked to the desired doneness, 3 to 5 minutes per side. Arrange on a serving platter and serve.House Seasoning:
Mix ingredients together and store in an airtight container.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.