- Olive oil or nonstick cooking spray, for the grill
- 1 pound crabmeat, picked over for shells or cartilage
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons seafood seasoning, such as Old Bay
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 scallions (white and light green parts), finely chopped
- 1 celery stalk, finely chopped
- 20 slices white bread, crusts removed
Preheat the grill to medium-high and brush the grate with oil or spray with nonstick cooking spray.
In a large bowl, fold together the crabmeat, bell pepper, mayonnaise, mustard, Old Bay seasoning, lemon zest, black pepper, scallions and celery. Sandwich about 1/4 cup crab mixture between 2 slices of the bread. Repeat with the remaining crab mixture and bread slices. Brush both sides of each sandwich with olive oil.
Transfer the sandwiches to the grill. Close the cover and cook, turning once, until both sides are golden and lightly charred, about 1 minute per side.