Grilled Eggplant Dip
- 2 cylindrical eggplants (about 1 pound each)
- 6 garlic cloves, each cut into 3 to 4 lengthwise wedges
- 4 tablespoons tahini
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice, or more to taste, plus lemon wedges for serving
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt, or more to taste
- 1 teaspoon House Seasoning, recipe follows
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Lettuce leaves
- Grilled pita bread, for serving
- 1 cup salt
- 1/4 cup black pepper
- 1/4 cup garlic powder
Set up the grill for direct grilling on high heat.
Make slits in each eggplant and insert the garlic. When ready to cook, place the eggplants on the hot grate and grill until the skins are charred all over and the flesh is very soft, 20 to 30 minutes in all, turning with tongs. Transfer the eggplants to a plate to cool.
Peel the burnt skin off the eggplants - don't worry about removing it all. Coarsely puree the grilled eggplants with their garlic in a food processor. Add the tahini, 2 tablespoons of oil, lemon juice, salt, and House Seasoning. Taste for seasoning, adding salt or lemon juice as necessary, the mixture should be very flavorful. Add the parsley and process in small bursts, just to mix.
Mix ingredients together and store in an airtight container for up to 6 months.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.