Grilled Portobello Mushroom Burgers with Dill-Mustard Sauce
- 6 to 8 portobello mushroom caps
- 1 cup Caesar vinaigrette salad dressing
- Nonstick, nonflammable cooking spray
- 6 to 8 slices havarti cheese
- 6 to 8 hamburger buns
- Softened butter, optional
- Dill-Mustard Sauce, recipe follows
- Toppings: lettuce leaves, sliced tomato, sliced red onion, sliced pickles
- Dill-Mustard Sauce:
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
Using a spoon, scrape and discard the brown gills from the undersides of the mushrooms.
In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the mushrooms and salad dressing. Seal the bag, and turn to coat the mushrooms. Place in the refrigerator and marinate for at least 1 hour or up to 2 hours.
Drain the mushrooms, discarding the marinade. Preheat the grill to medium-high heat (350 to 400 degrees F). Spray the grill rack with cooking spray. Grill the mushroom caps, covered with the grill lid, until tender, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Top each with a slice of cheese. Spread the cut sides of the buns with butter if desired. Place the buns cut-sides down on the grill rack. Grill, covered with the lid, until toasted. Remove from the grill, and spread evenly with Dill-Mustard Sauce. Top with grilled mushrooms and desired toppings. Serve immediately.Dill-Mustard Sauce:
In a small bowl, stir together the mayonnaise, mustard, dill, parsley and garlic. Cover and chill for up to 3 days.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Open-Faced Chili Burgers on Grilled Portobello "Buns" with Smoked Cheese, Sliced Grilled Portobello Mushroom Sorta-Caesar Salads, Roasted Poblano and Mushroom Grilled Cheese, Parmesan Cheese, Garlic Chicken Recipes, Chicken Cordon Bleu Recipes, Turkey Burger Recipes, Cheeseburger Recipes, Burgers
Thank you! your flag was submitted.