- Two 5-ounce containers baby romaine lettuce
- 1 cup toasted pecan halves
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 apple, cored and chopped
- Sweet Dijon Vinaigrette, recipe follows
Combine the lettuce, pecan halves, cranberries and apples in a serving bowl. Add desired amount of Sweet Dijon Vinaigrette, tossing gently to coat. Serve immediately.
Sweet Dijon Vinaigrette:
- 1 cup red wine vinegar
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
Combine the vinegar and sugar in a small saucepan. Bring the mixture to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce the heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, until the sugar dissolves, about 2 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat and cool. Add the oil and Dijon mustard, whisking until combined. Cover and refrigerate for up to 2 weeks. Yield: 1 1/2 cups.