Hawaiian Beef Teriyaki
- 1 1/2 pounds sirloin steak, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 3/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 -inch slice fresh ginger
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 pineapple, peeled and sliced lengthwise
- 1 tablespoon chiffonade or thinly sliced mint leaves
Combine soy sauce, ginger, garlic, sugar and water. Marinate meat in the mixture in a plastic bag overnight in the refrigerator.
Preheat the grill to high heat. Skewer meat on skewers. Cook over hot coals until done to your liking, about 4 to 5 minutes for medium rare.
Place pineapple slices on grill. Cook on both sides until there are grill marks and the natural sugars have helped it to brown, about 2 minutes per side.
Place beef skewers on top of grilled pineapple slices and garnish with mint.
Recipe courtesy of Paula Deen, 2007
Recipe courtesy of Rachael Ray
Recipe courtesy of Bobby Flay