- Nonstick cooking spray, for greasing
- 12 hot dogs
- 24 slices bacon, fully cooked but not crispy
- 1 package frozen puff pastry dough, thawed
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- One 18-ounce jar honey barbecue sauce
- Special equipment: bamboo skewers
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
Wrap each hot dog with 2 slices fully cooked bacon. On a clean flat surface, unroll the puff pastry dough. Cut the dough in half lengthwise. Cut each half into thirds crosswise. Wrap each prepared hot dog with the crescent dough. Place seam-side down on the prepared baking sheet. Cut each hot dog into thirds crosswise. Use your fingers to spread the softened butter over the top. Sprinkle evenly with the poppy seeds. Bake until golden brown, 10 to 15 minutes.
Place a bamboo skewer in each hog. In a separate bowl, pour the barbecue sauce and use for dipping.