- 3 large ripe tomatoes, diced or 1 (14-ounce) can diced tomatoes with their juice
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 small green bell pepper, seeds and veins removed, and minced
- 1 (4-ounce) can chopped green chiles with juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Fried Tortilla Chips, recipe follows
- Other ingredients you may want to add:
- 1 small red onion, finely diced
- 2 (15-ounce) cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 large avocado, peeled and diced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 mango, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup pineapple chunks
- 2 limes, juiced
- Fried tortilla chips:
- 8 fresh corn tortillas
- Oil, for frying
- House Seasoning, to taste, recipe follows
- House Seasoning:
- 1 cup salt
- 1/4 cup black pepper
- 1/4 cup garlic powder
DirectionsOther ingredients you may want to add:
Combine all ingredients, and any extra ingredients you may want to add, in a large glass bowl. Stir well with a spoon. Cover with plastic wrap and chill until serving time.
Serve with Fried Tortilla Chips.Fried tortilla chips:
Arrange the tortillas in a stack and cut into 6 equal wedges. Pour about 1-inch of oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat to 350 degrees F on a deep-fat frying thermometer. Fry just a few at a time, turning occasionally, until crisp and lightly browned, about 1 minute. Drain on paper towels; sprinkle lightly with salt, if desired. Store in an airtight container.
Yield: 3 to 5 servings
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 1 minuteHouse Seasoning:
Mix ingredients together and store in an airtight container for up to 6 months.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.