- Nonstick cooking spray
- 2 pounds ground chuck
- 1 cup crushed saltine crackers
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley, plus more for garnish
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/4 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- One 6-ounce can tomato paste
- 5 slices white bread
- 2 tablespoons firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil. Spray the foil with nonstick cooking spray.
In a large bowl, combine the chuck, crackers, celery, onions, Worcestershire sauce, 2 tablespoons of the Dijon mustard, the parsley, 1 teaspoon each of the salt and pepper, the eggs and half the can of tomato paste, and mix together until just combined.
Place the white bread on the bottom of a baking sheet and place the beef mixture on top. Shape the mixture into a 12-inch loaf.
In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar and lemon juice with the remaining tomato paste, Dijon mustard and salt and pepper. Spread the mixture over the meatloaf and tent with aluminum foil. Bake until a meat thermometer registers 165 degrees F, about 50 minutes. Remove the foil during the last 10 minutes of cooking.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.