Creamy Roquefort dip:
- 1/2 cup Roquefort cheese, crumbled
- 1 (3-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 12 chicken wings, disjointed
- Oil, for frying
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup hot red pepper sauce
In a medium size bowl, cream the Roquefort and cream cheese until smooth. Mix in the remaining ingredients and blend well. Chill for 2 hours.
Using a fryer or a large pot, heat oil to 350 degrees F. Deep fry the wings until golden and crispy, approximately 10 minutes.
In a separate bowl, melt the butter, add the hot sauce and heat thoroughly. Immediately toss hot wings into sauce. Place wings on a platter and serve with creamy Roquefort dip.