Irish Lamb Stew
- Total Time:
- 2 hr 30 min
- 15 min
- 2 hr 15 min
- 8 to 10 servings
- Salt and ground pepper
- 3 pounds leg of lamb meat, cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 6 celery stalks, chopped
- 2 large leeks, chopped
- 2 large yellow onions, chopped
- 2 cups finely chopped cabbage
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground thyme
- One 8-ounce can diced tomatoes, with juice
- 2 cups canned beef broth
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Salt and pepper the lamb chunks. In a large ovenproof Dutch oven, saute the meat in both oils until browned on all sides. Remove the meat from the Dutch oven and set aside.
Return the meat to the Dutch oven. Add the beef broth, cover and bake until the meat is fork tender, about 2 hours.
Recipe courtesy of Paula Deen