Irish Lamb Stew
- Salt and ground pepper
- 3 pounds leg of lamb meat, cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 6 celery stalks, chopped
- 2 large leeks, chopped
- 2 large yellow onions, chopped
- 2 cups finely chopped cabbage
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground thyme
- One 8-ounce can diced tomatoes, with juice
- 2 cups canned beef broth
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Salt and pepper the lamb chunks. In a large ovenproof Dutch oven, saute the meat in both oils until browned on all sides. Remove the meat from the Dutch oven and set aside.
In the same Dutch oven, saute the celery, leeks and onions until limp, about 3 minutes. Add the cabbage, season with the coriander and thyme and add the tomatoes.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Lamb, Sausage and White Bean Stew, Hearty Lamb and Lentil Stew, Grilled Lamb Chops with Artichoke Puree, Crispy Baby Artichokes and Cerignola Olive, Lamb, Stuffed Pork Chops Recipes, Enchilada Recipes, Garlic Chicken Recipes, Baked Chicken Recipes, Chicken Cordon Bleu Recipes
Thank you! your flag was submitted.