- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, plus more for pie plate
- 2 (1-ounce) squares unsweetened chocolate
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- Marshmallow Cream Frosting, recipe follows
- Whipped cream or ice cream, for serving
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Butter a circular pie plate.
Melt chocolate and butter in an iron skillet over medium heat; stir to prevent scorching. Remove from heat when melted. Whisk in sugar, vanilla, flour, and salt. In a small bowl, whisk the eggs together and add a little hot brownie mixture. This will temper the eggs and not cook them, when they go into the skillet. Pour eggs into skillet along with the pecans. Mix well. Pour into prepared pie plate. Bake in the preheated oven for 40 minutes. Let cool and frost. Cut into squares, top with whipped cream or ice cream and serve.
Marshmallow Cream Frosting:
- 7 ounces marshmallow cream
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
Beat all the ingredients together in a large bowl until well combined.