- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup sweet onions, preferably Vidalia onion
- 1 tablespoon steak seasoning (recommended: Montreal)
- 1 tablespoon steak seasoning sauce (recommended: Dale's Steak Seasoning Sauce)
- 5 slices cheese, preferably American, Swiss, or sharp Cheddar
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry dough*
- 1 egg yolk
*Frozen puff pastry dough should sit at room temperature for about 20 minutes.
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F and preheat the grill.
Mix the ground beef, onion, steak seasoning, and seasoning sauce together (using your hands is the most efficient way to do this). Form into 5 small flat patties. Grill the hamburgers to medium-well. (You may also pan-fry the patties.) Remove from the grill and top each burger with a slice of cheese of your choice.
Roll the puff pastry sheet to flatten slightly. Cut it into 5 relatively even rectangles.
Cover each burger with a piece of puff pastry and wrap it around the bottom, pinching all of the edges to seal. Place on an un-greased baking sheet, pinched side down.
Whish together the egg yolk and 1 teaspoon water to make an egg wash. Brush each wrapped pastry with the egg wash. Bake for about 15 minutes, until the puff pastry is nice and brown.