Jamie's Chicken Salad
- 1 (3-pound) chicken
- Salt and pepper
- 1 onion, quartered
- 2 celery stalks
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 2 teaspoons seasoning salt (suggested: Jane's mixed up Krazy salt)
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 to 3 tablespoons chicken stock
Place the chicken along with the salt, pepper, onion, and celery stalks in a large stock pot. Cover with water and bring to a boil. Lower the heat and simmer until the chicken is cooked through. Remove chicken from pot, cool, and remove skin and bones. Reserve the liquid. Dice the chicken and place in a large bowl. Add the chopped celery, eggs, seasoning salt, mayonnaise, lemon-pepper, pepper, and some reserved stock and mix well.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.