Jerk Shrimp Kebabs
- 1/2 cup bottled jerk sauce or Caribbean Jerk Seasoning, recipe follows
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons peeled and finely chopped fresh ginger
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 large onion, cut into chunks
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and cut into 1/4-inch square chunks
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley, plus more for garnish
- Caribbean Jerk Seasoning:
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried, crushed Scotch bonnet pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon dried chives
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- Vegetable oil
If using bamboo skewers, soak them in water for at least 20 minutes. Preheat the broiler or prepare the grill.
In a large bowl, whisk together the jerk sauce, (or jerk seasoning, if using) 1/2 cup olive oil, and ginger. Add the shrimp and toss to coat. Cover and marinate for 15 minutes.
In a separate bowl, toss the tomatoes, onions, peppers, and parsley with the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Skewer the vegetables and shrimp.
Place the skewers on a rimmed baking sheet lined with aluminum foil, or, if grilling, place on the grill. Cook, turning once, until the vegetables are tender and the shrimp are opaque, 5 to 6 minutes more. Garnish with parsley before serving.Caribbean Jerk Seasoning:
Combine all ingredients but vegetable oil in a bowl until well-mixed. Add oil to create a marinade to your desired consistency. Store in an airtight container.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.