Key Lime Tarts
- 24 Key Lime Cooler cookies
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons lime juice, preferably Key lime
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- Fresh sweetened whipped cream
- Mint leaves or lime zest, for garnish
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Prepare filling. Beat together cream cheese, egg, sugar, lime juice, and zest until well mixed. Fill the cups to the top. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes. Remove tarts to cool. When completely cool, fit a star tip in a pastry bag and fill with the whipped cream. Pipe the whipped cream on top of the tarts. Garnish with tiny mint leaves or lime zest.