- 1 (8-ounce) package linguine
- 1/4 cup minced onion or shallot
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 (8-ounce) carton sour cream
- 4 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan, divided
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 3/4 teaspoons lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice (about 1/2 medium lemon)
- 1 whole lemon, zested
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped parsley leaves
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped chives
Cook linguini according to package directions. Drain and keep warm.
In a skillet, cook onion or shallots and garlic in butter, stirring constantly until tender, not brown. Stir in sour cream, 2 tablespoons Parmesan, milk, lemon-pepper, salt, lemon juice and lemon zest. Cook for about 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from heat and pour over linguini. Toss gently, adding chopped parsley, chives, and remaining Parmesan. Serve warm.