Lime Shrimp Lettuce Wraps
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce, divided
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 pound medium to large fresh shrimp, peeled, deveined, and chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- 2 green onions, diced
- 1 (8-ounce) can water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, cored and halved
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
In a medium bowl, combine the lime juice, 2 tablespoons oil, 1 tablespoon soy sauce, ginger, and garlic. Add the shrimp and let marinate in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
In a medium skillet, heat the remaining oil over medium-high heat. Add the bell pepper, green onions, and water chestnuts, and cook, stirring constantly, for 3 minutes. Add the shrimp and marinade, and cook until the shrimp are pink, about 3 minutes. Stir in the remaining soy sauce.
Divide the lettuce into leaves. Spoon about one-quarter cup of the mixture down the center of 1 lettuce leaf. Fold the bottom edge and sides up and over the filling. Repeat with the remaining lettuce leaves and shrimp filling.