Lime Shrimp Lettuce Wraps
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce, divided
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 pound medium to large fresh shrimp, peeled, deveined, and chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- 2 green onions, diced
- 1 (8-ounce) can water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, cored and halved
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
In a medium bowl, combine the lime juice, 2 tablespoons oil, 1 tablespoon soy sauce, ginger, and garlic. Add the shrimp and let marinate in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
In a medium skillet, heat the remaining oil over medium-high heat. Add the bell pepper, green onions, and water chestnuts, and cook, stirring constantly, for 3 minutes. Add the shrimp and marinade, and cook until the shrimp are pink, about 3 minutes. Stir in the remaining soy sauce.
Divide the lettuce into leaves. Spoon about one-quarter cup of the mixture down the center of 1 lettuce leaf. Fold the bottom edge and sides up and over the filling. Repeat with the remaining lettuce leaves and shrimp filling.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Hot 'N Sweet Shrimp Lettuce Wraps, Barbecued Shrimp in Lettuce Wraps, Fresh Tuna and Butter Lettuce Wraps with Crispy Wonton Threads, Shaved Jalapeno and Basil Oil, Shrimp Salad Recipes, Grilled Shrimp Recipes, Coconut Shrimp Recipes, Shrimp Scampi Recipes, Shrimp Creole Recipes, Lettuce Recipes