- 4 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- One 8.5-ounce can crushed pineapple
- Pinch of salt and ground pepper
- 2 medium acorn squash, halved, seeds and pulp removed
- Ground cinnamon, for dusting
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with foil.
Place the squash on the prepared baking sheet cut side up and spoon the pineapple mixture into the cavity. Brush any of the exposed squash with the mixture and dust with ground cinnamon. Bake until golden brown and tender, about 1 hour.