- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast
- 2 tablespoons Marrakesh Moroccan Paste, recipe follows
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 15 sprigs fresh flat-leaf parsley, plus chopped parsley, for garnish
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon preserved lemon pulp, plus 1 rind preserved lemon, cut into thin strips
- 1 (14-ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained
- Marrakesh Moroccan Paste:
- 2 tablespoons Marrakesh spice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons water
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Add chicken strips to Marrakesh paste to coat evenly. Once strips are coated, place strips in the Dutch oven to brown; about 1 minute on each side. Add chicken stock to the pan along with onions. Lay parsley sprigs on top of chicken for flavor. Cover and place in the oven for 20 to 25 minutes. Remove pan from oven and reduce oven temperature to 200 degrees F.
Discard the parsley sprigs. Transfer chicken to an ovenproof dish and return to the oven to keep warm. Bring the reserved sauce in the Dutch oven to a simmer on the stovetop and stir in lemon juice and pulp of preserved lemon. Add artichokes and simmer for about 5 minutes. Once artichokes are soft, turn off the heat and stir in lemon rind.Marrakesh Moroccan Paste:
In a medium bowl, whisk together all ingredients.