- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 2 (12-inch) pizza crusts or frozen cheese pizzas
- 2 (16-ounce) jars chunky salsa
- 2 (8-ounce) packages shredded Mexican cheese ( Monterey Jack, Cheddar, and other mild cheeses combined)
- 1 (2 1/4-ounce) can sliced black olives
- 1 cup chopped cooked ham
- Shredded lettuce
- Sour cream
Position the oven rack at the lowest level. If you have a pizza stone, place it in the oven on the rack. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
Heat the oil in a small saucepan and cook the mushrooms and green pepper over medium heat until crisp-tender, about 2 minutes. Cut the crusts into biscuit sized pieces using a biscuit cutter. Distribute the vegetables evenly over the crusts. Reserve 1 cup of the salsa and spoon the remaining salsa evenly over the pizzas. If you don't have a pizza stone, place the pizzas on a baking sheet. They won't be as crisp as they would be if you placed them directly on the rack, but this is a lot less messy.
Bake the pizzas for 10 to 12 minutes, then sprinkle with the cheese. Bake for 7 minutes more. Serve the pizza slices topped with the reserved salsa, olives, cooked ham, shredded lettuce, and sour cream.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.