- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless chicken breast halves
- 2 cups grated Parmesan
- 1 (14 1/2-ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and cut in half
- 6 slices mortadella, salami, or prosciutto
- 12 to 16 fresh basil leaves or 8 spinach leaves
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh dill weed or 1/2 teaspoon dried
- 1 teaspoon chopped parsley
- Buttery crackers, for serving
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Line a large loaf pan with parchment paper, and place a layer of chicken breasts on the bottom of the pan. Cover the chicken with a layer of mortadella, salami, or prosciutto. Cover the ham with artichoke hearts, then with basil leaves, using all of the leaves. Repeat the layers of chicken, ham, and artichoke hearts. Cover with parchment paper or foil. Place a heavy weight on top of the terrine while baking to compress the layers. Place the loaf pan in a larger pan and pour in water to make a water bath. Bake for 1 hour 20 minutes.
Let the terrine cool completely at room temperature, then refrigerate in pan for several hours or overnight.