Nutty Orange Chicken Salad
- 1 celery rib, diced
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken
- 2 large hard cooked eggs, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1/4 cup sliced scallions, white and light green parts
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 cups (about 3 ounces) Boston lettuce, for serving
- 1 (15-ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained, for garnish
In a large bowl, combine the celery, chicken, eggs, walnuts, scallions, mayonnaise, lemon juice, salt, and pepper.
Divide the greens equally among 4 to 6 plates. Serve the chicken over the greens and garnish with the orange segments.
Recipe courtesy of Paula Deen
Recipe courtesy of Aarti Sequeira