- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 6 large apples, cored (honey crisp or gala)
- One 12-ounce can cola-flavored carbonated beverage
- Vanilla ice cream, for serving, optional
In a small bowl, combine the sugar, raisins, cinnamon and butter, and mix until combined. Spoon the sugar mixture into the center of each apple.
Place the apples in the prepared baking dish. Pour the cola over the apples. Bake, uncovered, until the apples are tender, about 1 hour. Serve with vanilla ice cream if desired.