Old-Fashioned Turkey Patty Melts
- 2 pounds ground turkey
- 2 tablespoons steak sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter, plus more for spreading
- One 8-ounce package sliced baby bella mushrooms
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 5 slices whole grain bread, toasted
- Store-bought bacon jam, optional
- 5 slices provolone cheese
Preheat the oven to broil.
In a large bowl, combine the turkey, steak sauce, thyme, salt and pepper. Shape the mixture into 5 patties. Cook the patties, in batches if necessary, in a skillet over medium heat until cooked through, about 6 minutes per side.
In a large skillet, melt the 2 tablespoons butter over medium heat. Add the mushrooms and onion and cook until the onion is tender, 8 to 10 minutes, stirring frequently. Remove the mixture from the skillet; set aside and keep warm.
Recipe courtesy of Robin Miller
Recipe courtesy of Jeff Mauro