Old-Fashioned Turkey Patty Melts
- 2 pounds ground turkey
- 2 tablespoons steak sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter, plus more for spreading
- One 8-ounce package sliced baby bella mushrooms
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 5 slices whole grain bread, toasted
- Store-bought bacon jam, optional
- 5 slices provolone cheese
Preheat the oven to broil.
In a large bowl, combine the turkey, steak sauce, thyme, salt and pepper. Shape the mixture into 5 patties. Cook the patties, in batches if necessary, in a skillet over medium heat until cooked through, about 6 minutes per side.
In a large skillet, melt the 2 tablespoons butter over medium heat. Add the mushrooms and onion and cook until the onion is tender, 8 to 10 minutes, stirring frequently. Remove the mixture from the skillet; set aside and keep warm.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Turkey Fennel Sausage Patties, Turkey Melts with Sweet-N-Sour Slaw and 'Monster' Cheese, Open Faced Turkey Stuffing Patty with Gravy and Cranberry Sauce, Thanksgiving Turkey, Turkey Breast Recipes, Brined Turkey Recipes, Roasted Turkey Recipes, Sandwich Recipes, Turkey Gravy Recipes
Thank you! your flag was submitted.