Orange Coffee Cake
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted, plus more for pan
- 1 (16.3-ounce) can refrigerated biscuits (recommended: Pillsbury Grands Flaky Layers)
- 1/4 cup minced walnuts
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons orange zest
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons orange juice, or more as necessary
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Butter a 9-inch round cake pan.
Separate the biscuit dough into 8 biscuits. Place 1 biscuit in the center of the pan. Cut the remaining biscuits in half, forming 14 half-circles. Arrange the pieces around the center biscuit with cut sides facing in the same direction. Brush melted butter over the tops of the biscuits.
In a small bowl, combine the walnuts, granulated sugar, and orange zest. Mix well and sprinkle over biscuits. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
Meanwhile, in a small bowl combine confectioners' sugar, cream cheese, and orange juice. Blend until smooth adding more orange juice, if needed, to thin. Drizzle glaze over the warm coffee cake and serve.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.