Orange Walnut Salad with Sweet-and-Sour Dressing
- 3 small heads bibb lettuce, cleaned and torn into bite-size pieces
- 1 1/2 pounds fresh spinach, cleaned and torn into bite-size pieces
- 3 oranges, peeled, sectioned, and seeded
- 3/4 medium red onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 3/4 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 3 teaspoons butter
- Sweet-and Sour Dressing:
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup vinegar
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1 1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grated onion
In a large bowl, combine the lettuce, spinach, oranges, and onion.
Using a saucepan, saute the walnuts in butter until lightly browned and add to the lettuce mixture.
To make the dressing, combine all of the ingredients in a jar, shake well and chill in refrigerator. Shake before serving. Pour on top of salad and serve.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.