Paper Wrapped Anniversary Salmon
- 4 heart-shaped pieces parchment paper
- Nonstick spray
- 4 (6-ounce) fillets fresh salmon
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup 1 1/2-inch long julienne strips zucchini
- 1/4 cup 1 1/2-inch long julienne strips yellow squash
- 1/4 cup 1 1/2-inch long julienne strips leeks
- 1/2 cup 1 1/2-inch long julienne strips mushrooms
- 1/3 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup black beans, cooked
- Herb butter, recipe follows
- 1 cup good white wine, or fresh lemon juice, or apple juice
- 3 tablespoons grated fresh gingerroot
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Spray the bottom of the parchment paper with nonstick spray. Season the salmon with salt and pepper and place on the right side of the paper.
Combine the julienne vegetables and toss together. Season with salt, pepper, and 2 tablespoons soy sauce. Place an even amount of black beans and julienne vegetables on top of each fillet. Top with 2 slices of the chilled butter. Drizzle some white wine and soy sauce over and around fish. Sprinkle with ginger.
Starting with the "point" of the paper heart, roll and crimp the edges until the fillets are totally encased and sealed in the "half-heart" shape. Place packages on a cookie sheet.
Place pan in the center of the oven without a rack above it. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until the parchment has puffed and is light brown. Remove from oven and transfer to oval platters for serving.
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon white pepper
4 ounces unsalted butter, softened
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1 teaspoon minced scallions
1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro leaves
In a glass bowl, combine all ingredients for the butter. Mix well. Place butter on a piece of plastic wrap and roll the plastic to form into a 1/2-inch thick cylinder. Refrigerate the butter to set up, about 15 to 20 minutes.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.