- 1 pound linguine
- 1 (2-ounce) can anchovies, drained, oil reserved, chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 (28-ounce) can crushed tomatoes with added puree
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled
- 1 cup pitted kalamata olives, halved
- 1/4 cup capers, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley leaves, for garnish
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
In a large pot, cook pasta in boiling salted water until tender but still firm to bite, stirring occasionally with a spoon. Drain and set aside. In a large skillet, heat the reserved oil from anchovies over medium-high heat. Add chopped anchovies; saute until aroma is released. Add garlic and saute 1 minute. Add tomatoes, shrimp, olives, capers, and dried crushed red pepper. Simmer over medium heat until slightly thickened, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes. To the skillet add drained pasta and toss in anchovy mixture to coat, garnish with parsley. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.