- 3 heaping tablespoons crab seasoning, such as Old Bay
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 2 dry bay leaves
- 2 lemons, sliced in half
- 2 heads garlic, split in half
- 1 bunch fresh parsley, roughly chopped
- 6 blue crabs
- Melted butter, for serving
Bring a large stockpot of water to a boil. Add the crab seasoning, vinegar, peppercorns, bay leaves, lemons, garlic and parsley to the pot. Add the crabs and boil until they are red, 10 to 12 minutes. Remove the crabs using a spider, and then let the crabs cool to the touch.
Crack the crabs over newspaper and pick out all their sweet meat. Serve with melted butter.