- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup plus 1 teaspoon creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 cup thick jam, such as seedless raspberry
- 1/3 cup honey-roasted peanuts, chopped
- Compound butter, recipe follows
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 12-cup muffin tin with cooking spray.
In a food processor, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Pulse in all of the peanut butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add the milk, egg, and butter and pulse until combined.
Distribute half of the batter equally among the muffin cups. Drop a teaspoon of jam into each cup and cover with the remaining batter. Top with the chopped peanuts. Bake until the muffins are light golden, 15 to 20 minutes. Transfer them to a wire rack to cool. Serve warm or allow to cool completely. Spread compound butter ontop. Store in an airtight container. The muffins will keep for 1 to 2 days.
- 1 stick butter, room temperature
- 5 tablespoons of your favorite fruit preserve
Combine ingredients together and chill until set.